This is the name of the dish we have chosen for you; Vegan molasses "buttermilk" cake
Vegan molasses cake
Ingredients for 1 small box
- 2 cups (250ml) wholemeal spelled flour
- 1,5 TL baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoon Stevia powder or other sweetener of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of “vegan buttermilk”: soy milk mixed well with 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100g Vitam Appelford’s organic molasses – to the
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil
For the frosting
- 1 cup of vegan sour cream or solid vegan yogurt
- 2 teaspoons rice syrup or coconut blossom nectar
- optional: peppermint leaves, lemon zest, wild strawberries
- For the dough mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the moist ingredients and mix well or stir with the whisk.
- Pour into a prepared greased and floured tin box or with baking paper and bake at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes. Make a stick sample. Allow to cool briefly and then remove from the mold.
- For topping, stir the sour cream or the yoghurt with rice syrup until smooth. Add to the cooled cake and garnish as desired.