Who said vegans don’t eat dumblings? Vegan dumplings with chanterelle cream sauce.
ingredients for 4 persons
For the dumplings
- 300g bread cube
- 250ml unsweetened vegetable milk, lukewarm
- 1 vegetable soup cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy flour (or potato starch)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- grated nutmeg
- olive oil
- optional: 1 small, finely chopped onion and sautéed in olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200g chanterelles (Austrian: Eierschwammerl)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 package spelled or oat cuisine (vegan cream for cooking)
- Oil for the pan
- Salt, pepper, thyme
For the dumplings:
- Put the bread cubes in a large bowl. Dissolve the soup cubes in the milk, stir in parsley, nutmeg and pour over the breadcrumbs.
- Soy flour, a dash of olive oil, optionally add the sautéed onion and knead for 5 min.
- Set up a large pot of salt water. Mold dumplings with wet hands and place in the boiling water. Switch back to medium temperature and let stand for 10 minutes, skim off and serve immediately.
For the sauce:
- To simply clean the chanterelles, stir in 2 tablespoons of flour in a bowl of lukewarm water and simply strain the mushrooms and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Roast the diced onion until light, add the mushrooms and deglaze with the vegetable stock. Season and simmer for 5 min. Stir in the cream, possibly season again and serve with the dumplings.