This is the name of the dish we have chosen for you; Raw vegan bounty cake
Ingredients for 1 small cake
For the ground
- 1 cup of nuts of your choice (in our case it was hazelnuts) for min. Soaked for 2 hours
- ¾ cup dates, for min. Soaked, pitted and roughly cut,
For the bounty layer
- 300g coconut flakes
- 250ml coconut milk, more as needed
- 3 tablespoons coconut flower syrup
For the chocolate glaze
- 4 ribs (raw) vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Process the nuts with the dates in the food processor with the knife insert. The “dough” should still be slightly lumpy.
- Press with your fingers in a cake ring with about 18cm diameter, so that the cake bottom is formed.
- Mix the coconut flakes, coconut milk and coconut blossom syrup in the food processor and let it steep for 10 minutes. Ev. Add more coconut milk. The mass should not be too dry. Put on the cake base and press firmly. For min. 2h cold .
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a water bath. Remove the cake from the cake ring with the help of a sharp knife. Cover with the chocolate and let it cool again until the chocolate is firm.
- Enjoy the meal!