Away vegan breakfasts and brunches in Vienna
To meet for breakfast or brunch, of course, is also popular with vegans, but often not so easy, if you want more than a roll with jam and black coffee. A vegan breakfast offer is now increasingly found in non-vegan cafes and restaurants, which is probably due to the demand. Here are a few places with vegan breakfast options or options for Vienna:
- BioWerkstatt (1st Biberstraße 22, Mon-Fri 9: 00-18: 00, breakfast until 10:30)
Fresh bread from the bakery Joseph, a vegetable and a fruit bowl, jam, vegan butter, spreads of your choice and tea or coffee with soy milk, all vegan and organic of course, there is € 7.50 in the pub with attached health food store. If you want to be pampered with raw food, you can also order a generous Raw Breakfast for € 10, which includes raw porridge, fruits, vegetables, a smoothie, raw food bread with spreads and a little surprise.
Full day breakfast and the best of organic ingredients! 5 raw food breakfast options are available, ranging from muesli, banana bread with jam to hearty humus with raw-food bread and vegetables and a hearty Kaiser breakfast. Price moves between € 5.50 – 15.90. There are smoothies and fresh juices for the extra vitamin kick.
Vegan is not an option here, it is the order of the day. On Saturdays and Sundays there is also an extensive brunch from 10: 00-16: 00 clock with changing offer for € 15,50. There are also hot dishes from the buffet and coffee and tea.
Muesli, sandwiches and wraps, either sweet or spicy stuffed, and a wide selection of shakes, smoothies, coffee and lattes (yes, also matcha and turmeric latte :)) are available in the small, sympathetic shop. The focus, as the name implies, is on hemp milk.
Vegan snacks, sweets & cakes, fruit and vegetable juices and of course coffee (also to take away) are available in the Hungarian bistro at Maran Vegan.
- Lovely Food (6th Otto-Bauer-Gasse 11, breakfast: Mon-Fri 10: 00-12: 00, Sat-Sun all day)
Colorful and fresh, you can start in the Lovely Food (formerly Raw Shop) in the day. The breakfast menu is particularly interesting for raw food and raw food enthusiasts, as there is a full raw breakfast with raw food bread, cashew mozzarella and tomatoes, vegetables and chocolate superfood pudding and, of course, smoothies. Other choices include fruit muesli, vegan egg dishes with buckwheat bread, and more. The price of the breakfast is between € 7.80 and € 14.30, but all the ingredients are organic.
- Joanelli (6th Gumpendorfer Strasse 47, 18: 00-2: 00, on Saturdays and Sundays vegan breakfast)
Vienna’s “berlinste Bar” offers vegan-certified wines and snacks on weekends, as well as vegan breakfast.
- (Gumpendorfer Straße 40-44, Mon-Fri 9-14 & 15-18, Sat 10-18, Sun Brunch 10-15)
Sundays are risen here. Organic, sugar, lactose, gluten and soy-free delicacies can be enjoyed here for € 23.90. There are cold and hot dishes (soups, curries, goulash) and of course homemade, raw vegan sweets such as brownies, tartes, etc. Only by reservation to: [email protected]
- Deli bluem (8th Hamerlingplatz 2, Mon-Fri 07: 30-19: 00, Sat, Sun & Fei 9: 00-16: 00 Brunch)
The cozy and child-friendly café-bistro calls for vegan brunch on weekends and public holidays, and even weekdays can be vegan breakfast here to your heart’s content. The offer is based on the 5 elements kitchen: rice and power soup, sourdough bread, homemade spreads and jams, cereals, raw food plates.
Vegan breakfast options
1st district, 1010
- yamm! (1st University Ring 10, Breakfast Mon-Fri 8: 00-11: 00, Sat 9: 00-11: 00 & Sun 9: 00-15: 00)
That yamm! offers for lunch and dinner a very tasty vegetarian-vegan selection in buffet form. For breakfast, however, breakfast sets are offered, including the “yamm! vegan “with freshly squeezed carrot orange juice, vegan sausage, vegan cheese, fruit, organic spread, raw vegetables and 2 pieces of vegan biscuits for € 8,90.
- (1st University Street 11, Mon-Fri 8: 00-24: 00, Sat 9: 00-24: 00, Sun 9: 00-23: 00)
2nd district, 1020
- Cuchina (2nd Lilienbrunngasse 3, Mon-Fri 9: 00-15: 00)
If you like the first meal rather sweet, is on weekdays in the kitchen Cuchina in good hands. There are vegan spelled semolina with vanilla, almond milk and applesauce or a warm cereal with almonds, wild apricots and cardamom, both for € 6.90 each.
- Fat and Sugar (2nd Holland Road 16, Wed-Fri 13: 00-21: 00, Sat-Sun 11: 00-21: 00)
Late-risers can enjoy a vegan mini-breakfast, consisting of bread and two spreads, and scrambled eggs in addition to some vegan cakes.
On the map of the carnation are several vegan breakfast options scattered, which can be combined: Ami light (peanut butter toast with fresh fruit) for € 5.50, stuffed pita with marinated pepper, mango avocado rocket salad with homemade juices and freshly squeezed soda or the other way round.
3rd district, 1030
- Joseph Brot (3rd Landstrasser Hauptstraße 4, Mon-Sat 8: 00-21: 00, Sun + Fei 8: 00-17: 00)
In addition to bread from Pheinsten, Joseph Brot also has two fine vegan breakfast options in the bistro. The vegan breakfast with scrambled tofu, avocado, tomato, salsa, black bean cream and tortillas for € 8,90 or coconut vanilla rice pudding with mango and raspberries for € 4,60 are available here. In addition, there are delicious drinks such as Matcha Lemongrass Lime Ice Tea or Mexican Lemonade with Chia seeds.
- Rochus (3rd Landstrasser Hauptstraße 55, Sun-Wed 8: 00-1: 00, Thu 8: 00-2: 00, Fri-Sa 8: 00-4: 00)
The institution at Rochusmarkt is popular at any time of day or night. Fortunately, there are also some vegan on the breakfast menu such as cereal with fruit (with soymilk order!), Humus, Melanzaniaufstrich, olives, peanut butter and homemade jams, vegetables and fruits from the market anyway and a huge selection of pastries. Of course, there is also soy milk for the coffee.
- Ströck Feierabend (3rd Landstrasser Hauptstraße 82, Mon-Fri 16: 00-24: 00, Sat-Sun, Fei 7: 00-24: 00)
Yes, in Ströck after work, there is also breakfast! At least on the weekend. Hearty and versatile, the vegan breakfast is around € 9,90. It consists of pepper cream with vegetable tofu and einkorn salad, soy yoghurt with chia seeds, fruits and grains. Also for the vegan milk for the coffee is taken care of.
It is also possible to have breakfast at the Menta vegan during the week until 11:00 and on weekends and public holidays until 15:00. You can choose from many little things, including a few excellent vegan as olives, raw vegetables, olives tomato spread and humus for € 1.50 to 2.00 to a biscuit basket also € 2, -. Or maybe something cute? There is a fruit-soy yogurt for € 4, -.
4th district, 1040
The focus is in the vegetarian bistro on healthy organic food. For vegan breakfast there are, for example, warm porridge with compote and tea or grain coffee for € 6.90, Indian pancakes (€ 3.50) or energy cuts (€ 2.90).
The classic breakfasts also feature a vegan award-winning breakfast set and several other options. The Zen breakfast for € 5,40 is available with vegetable raw food, humus and 2 pieces of pastry plus orange juice. If you like hearty and strong you will also find Dhal, Frijoles Refritos (bean puree), Pico de Gallo, guacamole with nachos or a bagel with humus and olives, couscous salad on the menu.
- Blue Orange (4th Margaretenstraße 9, Mon-Fri 7: 30-22: 00, Sat, Sun, Ft 9: 00-21: 00)
The Blue Orange has expanded its vegan offer and the map clearly marked. In addition to the vegan soup of the day and the weekly cookies, there are now various herbal tortilla wraps, sandwiches, bagels (from € 3.50) and also the vegan breakfast set Vital (€ 8.90) as well as a cheese plate with Wilmersburger. In addition to match latte and matcha chocolate latte, of course, there is the coffee for an extra charge with soy milk.
The vegan breakfast surprises here with a fancy combination: a date filet with spelled and oat flakes, spreads, sweet potato plus oyster mushrooms from the grill and raw porridge with superfoods here’s around € 11, -. The Raw Porridge can be enjoyed alone for € 6.50.
Who loves Humus, loves the Neni. At the Naschmarkt there is the Oriental breakfast with Ful, tomato salsa, pita bread and not to forget: with humus for € 6,50. Humusteller (€ 4.50) and some other vegan Israeli delicacies are also available at the other locations.
6th district, 1060
- nice rice (6. Mariahilfer Straße 45 in Raimundhof, Mon-Sat 10: 00-19: 00)
In addition to vegan pastries, the nice rice also has ayuverdian breakfast on a purely plant-based basis: the warm spelled muesli with cinnamon, cardamom and apples with a drink, available for € 7.90.
- home made (6th Mollardgasse 2, Mon-Fri 8: 00-16: 00, Sat 10: 00-15: 00)
On Saturdays, home made lures with a lovingly prepared vegan-vegetarian brunch, made with seasonal, regional and organic ingredients. As you have for € 15, – the choice between different spreads and jam, changing sweet casseroles, pastries, and much more. During the week you have the choice between 5 vegan breakfast options, ranging from a Viennese to a French, a fruity to a large breakfast (from € 3.40 to 6.60)
- Corns n’Pops (6th Gumpendorfer Str. 37, Mon-Fri 7: 30-17: 00, Sat 9: 00-16: 00)
Muesli for advanced connoisseurs is available in the Corns n’Pops for mixing. There are countless muesli varieties and toppings to choose from. Vegan is labeled and for a small extra charge, there is soymilk.
Geared towards food allergies, the inn also offers vegan options. The “Breakfast vegan and the day can begin” includes jam, tofu vegetables, spread with hemp oil, raw vegetables, cress and buckwheat and almond milk porridge with maple syrup for € 9,80. In addition to the combo, there are also some single, vegan dishes such as the fresh fruit platter, vegetables with dips and various cereals.
7th district, 1070
There are two options here, also purely herbal, one of them even RAW! At Starry-vegan are served for € 8.80 carrot curry humus with flatbread, raw food with mint pesto, soy yogurt with compote, sprouts, nuts and salad plust smoothie or shake. At Starlight Raw & fresh there are € 7,80 Orange-Vanilla Overnight Oats with fresh fruits, raw food with mint pesto and again a shake or smoothie.
The choice is not difficult, as only a vegan breakfast is offered (but at least!): Tofu Scamble with herbs, onions and tomatoes for € 6.20.
Café Ulrich prepares you for the day with a vegan wake up breakfast. With corn and zucchini fritters with cashew sour creme, beet hummus, raw vegetables, mini porridge with berries and fruits and a green smoothie for € 9,50, you are also prepared for the day.
- Here you can start your day with a vegan breakfast buffet. Mashed avocado, herbal mushrooms, grilled tomato, baby chard and dukkha, an African-oriental nut spice mixture, come to the bowl for € 6.50. There are also smoothies on the menu.
- to the well (7 Stumpergasse 61, Mon-Sun 8: 00-24: 00)
In the inn, which is specially designed for allergy sufferers, you will come as a vegan not too short. The rich breakfast “Good Neighborhood” with tofu spread, buckwheat-almond pudding, fruits, vegetables, pastries, margarine & jam can be enjoyed for € 8.90. Also “fruit & flakes” are vegan and besides brown millet or corn flakes with vegan milk, fruit, pastries and jam are also included.
- A vegan breakfast for late risers is here for € 6.10. The “dove” includes humus, avocado cream, vegetables, pico de gallo and wholemeal bread.
- (7th Museum Quarter, Mon-Sun 10: 00-2: 00)
The only possibility we have known to have breakfast in the MQ vegan is the café-restaurant of the Kunsthalle “Die Halle”. The ambience is nice and the choice is easy, with only one vegan breakfast option available: the porridge breakfast with almond milk, pomegranate seeds and berries for € 5.20.
- Radio Café-Bar (7. Neustiftgasse 38, Tue-Thu 15: 00-2: 00, Fri-Sat 10: 00-4: 00, Sun 10: 00-17: 00)
Two vegan breakfast sets are available: Vegan Yeah with orange juice, vegan fried egg and bread basket for € 7,80 and vegan but sexy with orange juice, vegan omelette with mushroom and cheese filling plus bread basket for € 8,40.
- Hungarian Grill (7th Burggasse 97, Tue-Fri 17: 00-2: 00, Sat 10: 00-2: 00, Sun 10: 00-22: 00)
Hard to believe, but true! In the Hungarian Grill there is now also a rich, vegan breakfast consisting of olives, guacamole, raw food on herbal yoghurt, roasted vegetables and falafel on red cabbage plus 3 pieces of pastry and juice for € 8,20.
- (7. Siebensterngasse 39, daily 10: 00-24: 00)
Among the oriental dishes, there are also many vegan clichés. Falafel, humus, foul, olives and salad are also available as a vegan breakfast (price: € 9.50).
- Espresso (7. Burggasse 57, Mon-Fri 7: 30-1: 00, Sat-Sun 10: 00-1: 00)
The vegan breakfast with custard spread, almond paste, raw vegetables, apricot jam and black bread is available here for € 7.80. For a small extra charge, there is also soy milk for the coffee.
- Figar (7 Kirchengasse 18, Mon-Thu 8: 00-24: 00, Fri 8: 00-2: 00, Sat 9: 00-2: 00, Sun 9: 00-22: 00)
A breakfast and brunch restaurant that will not starve vegans. Porridge with fruits and maple syrup (€ 3,90), humus (€ 2,50) are offered and the toasted Joseph bread with avocado, tomato and baby spinach (€ 4,90) or the avocado salad (€ 7,90) you can safely unsubscribe also the fresh or mountain cheese. Soy milk for an extra charge.
- Vegetarian organic wholefood brunch for € 13,90 with vegan options are available here on the weekend with homemade bread and pastries, freshly crushed cereal, many jam creations, dips, vegetable loaf, raw vegetables and salad.
The vegetarian bistro also offers 6 vegan or optional vegan options among its varied breakfast options. You can choose between miso soup, tofu scramble, spread variations, porridge, granola and yoghurt with chia seeds and fruits. Price is between € 7-9, -.
- Caffe Latte (7th Neubaugasse 39, 17th Hernalser Gürtel 43, Mon-Thu 7: 00-1: 00, Fri-Sat 7: 00-2: 00, Sun 11-1: 00)
The exemplary traffic light system makes the vegan selection clearly recognizable. Vegan available are the breakfast varieties Viennese (self-explanatory, € 6.90), Naturale (yogurt with cereals, raw vegetables, chives and if you know what you get instead of the cream cheese, write us, € 9.30), Oriental (humus, falafel, Olives, Arab salad, € 9.30) and even the champagne breakfast (€ 44.90). Also included is a drink, freshly squeezed juice and pastries. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 11: 00-15: 00 o’clock a rich brunch buffet for € 13,90.
- Cafe Top (7th Urban Loritzplatz 2a, Mon-Thurs 10: 00-23: 00, Fri-Sat 9: 00-23: 00, Sun-Holidays 10: 00-15: 00 Brunch)
New in the cafe above the main library, there is now a vegan breakfast set with tofu scamble, onion with kernel oil, cereal with soy yogurt, spicy and sweet spreads, wholemeal bread, toast, chocolate cookies plus a glass of apple and carrot juice for € 8.50. During the week you can have breakfast until 11:30 and on Saturday even until 16:00, on Sundays there is brunch for € 16,20.
- Westpol (7th Lerchenfelder Str. 71, Mon-Sat 9: 00-23: 00)
In the vegan-friendly restaurant, purely herbal foods on the menu are awarded as such. As a vegan breakfast option there is the vital breakfast with hummus, carrot and walnut spread, grilled vegetables and tofu, fruit and dark bread for € 8,90. For those who are hungry, breakfast can be supplemented with soy yoghurt, jam, margarine and orange juice.
- If you like a hearty start to the day, then on to the Marks. Potato gröstl, seitan, avocado, bean puree, pumpkin and a green smoothie are served here as vegan crunch breakfast for € 8,90.
8th district, 1080
A café with tradition and that too is increasingly focusing on vegetarian and vegan dishes. For vegan breakfast, weekdays until 11:00 and on weekends until 14:00, there is the Oriental breakfast for € 10.90 with olives, humus, avocado spread, tomatoes, pita bread and tea / coffee.
9th district, 1090
- Weltcafé (9th Schwarzspanierstraße 15, Mon-Sun 9: 00-2: 00)
Organic and Fairtrade ingredients are turned into fancy breakfast combos. In the vegan offer, the Japanese breakfast (rice balls with plum sauce) for € 7.50 or a vegan version of the Sudanese breakfast (beans, cucumber, tomatoes, olives) for € 6.50; Hot drink included and soy milk at no extra charge. At the weekend it is from 10: 00-14: 00 brunch with changing vegan selection (eg Tofulaibchen, beans, …) for € 14.50.
- Bröselei (9 Strudelhofgasse 1, Tue-Fri 11: 30-18: 00, Sat 11: 30-16: 00)
Gluten- and lactose-free, mostly vegan is served in the crumbs. For breakfast there is the Viennese (€ 3.40) and the cereal breakfast (€ 3.90) each as a vegan option.
- Blue Orange (9th Alserbachstraße 1, Mon-Fri 7: 00-22: 00, Sat 8: 00-22: 00, Sun-Ft 9: 00-22: 00)
Coffeeshop and bagel / snack bar with the same offer as the branch in the 4th district -> see above.
15th district, 1150
The extensive offers three vegan breakfast ensembles from € 7.60, ranging from Istanbul (oriental mix with humus, olives, and more with flatbread) once around the world (Earth: rich combination of fruits & vegetables, cereals, jam with wholemeal spelled bread ) to Italy (Caorle: vegetable appetizer, olive paste, jam with bread variations).
The delightful Café Breakfast also offers a vegan breakfast wagon for € 7.90. There are tofu, fresh vegetables, spread, margarine and dark bread with a glass of soy milk. From the extras you can also put together something vegan.
- As the name implies, this is mainly crepes, but there is also vegan breakfast. And you can either opt for a hearty pancake with hummus and grilled vegetables for € 5.40 or you can choose the oriental breakfast with hummus, falafel, raw vegetables and bread. Muesli with soy milk or yogurt are also on the menu.
16th district, 1160
- Rasouli (16th Payergasse 12, Tue-Fri 9: 30-24: 00, Sat 9: 00-24: 00, Sun 9: 30-18: 00)
Finally, a vegan breakfast option at Yppenplatz, although it is really just an option, namely the Vegan X Guy with tofu scramble with vegetables and herbs, bread, a cereal and a banana and soy milk shake for € 9,10 ,
17th district, 1170
- Caffe Latte (17th Hernalser Gürtel 43, Mon-Thu 7: 00-1: 00, Fri-Sat 7: 00-2: 00, Sun 11-1: 00)
Same offer as the restaurant in the 7th district -> see above.